5 Best Things To Do this Fall in Green Bay
We love the fall in Green Bay and all the wonderful things to do when the leaves begin to change color. Of course there’s football and when the team’s away visitors can tour the stadium or the Hall of Fame museum. On our sunny autumn days go for an enchanting walk in the Green Bay Botanical Garden or Bay Beach Wildlife Sanctuary. Looking for things to do on those less-sunny days? Check out a fascinating exhibit at the Neville Public Museum or go on a tasty brewery tour. Whatever you choose to do, make the historic Astor House Bed and Breakfast your home base while exploring Green Bay. Our comfortable suites, many with cozy fireplaces make the perfect romantic escape. Guests enjoy a delicious, hearty breakfast every morning, all served with warm hospitality and attention to detail. Reserve your elegant guest suite for a wonderful autumn getaway to Green Bay.
5 Great Things To Do in Green Bay
Green Bay has a lot to offer visitors vacationing in our fun city. The fall foliage invites local and tourists alike to walk scenic hiking trails and explore the many parks. Couples linger over romantic dinners on cool, crisp autumn nights. Super fans bundle up to cheer on the Packers. Not to mention the city’s lively nightlife. There’s no lack of great things to do in Green Bay but here are some of our favorites:
- Green Bay Botanical Garden – The wild 47 acres has 23 acres of lush developed gardens, surrounded by peaceful woods. Come for one of their magical events. Walk a 1-mile path and experience the garden transformed by the music of Pulitzer Prize winning composer John Luther Adams. The Ten Thousand Birds, inspired by Midwest songbirds, will be performed by the Lawrence University New Music Ensemble. The holiday never sparkled so bright than during the WPS Garden of Lights. More than 300,000 twinkling lights bring the enchanted icicle forest and glistening flowers to life. This year brings a new Butterflies in Motion light display. Thousands of LED lights simulate a fluttering butterfly house.
- Neville Public Museum – When looking for things to do, this museum has a display to interest everyone. With history, science and art exhibits each visit here is a new experience. Current and upcoming shows include original art, the history of special movie effects, local history and even fashion. They also hold fascinating events such as: an international film festival, beer and natural soda making classes.
- Bay Beach Wildlife Sanctuary – This amazing 600 acre urban wildlife refuge has over 6 miles of walking trails to enjoy. Meet many of the furry and feathered residents resting and recuperating in the peaceful paradise. Learn more about our pack of wolves during their regular feeding time. Cougars, bobcats and foxes can also be seen at their viewing areas. Water birds and birds of prey also have observation demos and displays. And don’t miss the cute, playful otters swimming and diving. The sanctuary is open year round and welcomes hiking and cross country skiing. Truly a must see when looking for things to do in Green Bay
- Visit Lambeau Field – If you’re not lucky enough to score Packers tickets or the team is away, don’t worry! There’s plenty of things to do and see at Lambeau Field this fall. Spend the day learning all about football history at the Green Bay Packers Hall of Fame & Museum. The museum takes up two levels of the Lambeau Field Atrium. Walk the self-guided tour through nine permanent galleries and two temporary exhibit spaces. The trophy room and replica of Vince Lombardi’s office are fan favorites. Then take a behind-the-scenes tour of the stadium. Choose between the Classic, Champions, Legendary or Alumni Tour.
- Tour Green Bay Breweries – The heritage of excellent beer comes from Green Bay’s talented and diverse community. The new seasonal brews make this one of the tastiest things to do when visiting. Stillmank Brewing Company offer an amazing “Oakoberfest” lager this fall that has been aged for two months in Heaven Hill Bourbon barrels. While their other “Oktoberfest” celebrates with a lager brewed with seven types of malted barley. Enjoy the innovative pub fare with Titletown Brewing Company’s incredible selection of pilsners, ales, IPAs, and lagers. Take a fun and educational brewery tour at Hinterland Brewery and learn about their carefully crafted beers. After the tour try the creative menu at their new restaurant. Badger State Brewing Company also offers detailed 45 minute brewery tours that include two full pours of their excellent beer. Copper State Brewery has a choice of three brewery tours; Standard, Scavenger Hunt and the Ultimate Beer Geekery Tour. Stay for dinner and enjoy their unique takes on gastropub favorites in the welcoming taproom.
You’ll never run out of great things to do in Green Bay this fall and we’ll make sure your stay is a memorable one. Our generous rooms are designed for our guests’ maximum relaxation and comfort. Treat yourself to a wonderful Green Bay escape with your loved one this fall.