Wine Tasting in Green Bay
Wisconsin is a state full of opportunities for outdoor recreation for the enthusiastic adventurer. With a variety of hiking and biking trails and waterways for boaters, Green Bay is no exception. However, there is more to Green Bay than natural beauty, outdoor adventure, and the Green Bay Packers. Each of the communities in the Greater Green Bay area have unique shopping opportunities, beautiful parks, fantastic restaurants, burgeoning nightlife, and wonderful family attractions for all ages. If you’re looking for a unique and relaxing getaway to the Greater Green Bay area, trying wine tasting your way through the region. Book your room at our charming and historic Wisconsin Bed and Breakfast today, and start exploring the regions wonderful wineries
Wine Tasting Near Green Bay
The Fox River Valley Wine Trail is a self-guided tour that will take you to five delicious Wisconsin wineries, each offering wines made from locally grown grapes and fruit. Beyone that, here are our favorite places for wine tasting in and around Green Bay:
- At local Green Bay favorite, Captain’s Walk Winery, you’ll find great wines such as Captain’s Red. Maiden Voyage. Disappearing Treasure. At Captain’s Walk Winery, you’ll find a premium wine-tasting of Wisconsin’ Vinifera in a laid-back atmosphere. Relax on the porch, in the lounge, or in the tasting room with a delicious plate of truffles, savory crackers and real Wisconsin cheeses as you sample great local wines.
- Parallel 44 Vineyard & Winery is located along the western shore of Lake Michigan, along the 44th parallel that runs across the globe from Kewaunee to Bordeaux, France, where some of the world’s finest wines are produced. Here, you’ll tour both the vineyard and production facility, before heading to the tasting room, where you’ll sample wines made from the cool-climate grape varietals planted here. Their Summer Wine Fest is July 14, 2018.
- Trout Springs Winery, a 5-acre vineyard and part of the Wisconsin Ledge AVA, is where you’ll find wonderful tastings of estate-produced wines, as well as custom-crushed imported California wines. You should also sample the special grape-infused cheese, Italian Pesto, grape-infused breads, and special wine dinners before continuing.
- Nestled along the Fox River Recreational Trail at the foot of the Niagara Escarpment, you’ll find LedgeStone Vineyards, where live music can be heard every Thursday night.
- At Kerrigan Brothers Winery, you can sample wonderful varieties of Apple Wine, Blueberry Cherry Wine, Lemon Wine and even Pineapple Wine, all made from regional Wisconsin fruit.
Once your back in Green Bay, you may want to head out and enjoy some of the vibrant Green Bay Nightlife, before retiring back to your comfortable, quiet room at the Astor House Bed and Breakfast. Book your room at our historic Green Bay Bed and Breakfast today, and get ready for a wonderful summer of wine tasting in Green Bay.